AIIMS, one of the premier medical institutes in India, is located in the heart of Delhi. However, the area surrounding AIIMS is often plagued by air pollution, which poses a serious health risk to patients, doctors, and staff.
There are a number of factors that contribute to the air pollution around AIIMS. One of the biggest problems is traffic congestion. The area is surrounded by busy roads and intersections, which leads to a large number of vehicles emitting pollutants into the air.
Another problem is encroachment. Hawkers and vendors often set up their stalls on the sidewalks and roadsides, which further narrows the space available for traffic flow. This leads to even more congestion and pollution.
In addition, the area around AIIMS lacks a green belt. Trees and plants help to absorb pollutants from the air, but there are very few green spaces in the area. This makes it difficult for the air to clean itself, which further contributes to the pollution problem.
The air pollution around AIIMS is a serious health concern. Patients, doctors, and staff are all at risk of developing respiratory problems and other health issues due to exposure to the pollutants.
The government and other authorities need to take steps to address the problem of air pollution around AIIMS. Some of the measures that can be taken include:
- Improving traffic management to reduce congestion
- Removing encroachments from sidewalks and roadsides
- Developing a green belt around the area
These measures will help to improve the air quality around AIIMS and protect the health of patients, doctors, and staff.
Here are some additional steps that can be taken to reduce air pollution around AIIMS:
- Promote public transportation and discourage the use of private vehicles in the area
- Encourage the use of electric vehicles and other clean energy sources
- Implement dust control measures at nearby construction sites
- Raise awareness about the problem of air pollution and encourage people to take steps to reduce their own emissions
By taking these steps, we can help to create a cleaner and healthier environment for everyone in the area around AIIMS.