On Monday, Apple is prepared to release the eagerly anticipated Apple iOS 17 release update, with the new iPhone operating system becoming accessible for download from 10:30 PM IST. The working device upgrade, which was unveiled at its Worldwide Developers Conference (WWDC), would give iPhones a host of exciting new capabilities. This update offers features including interactive widgets, Standby Mode, Contact Posters, and much more that are compatible with iPhone models starting with the XS series and later.
Is Apple iOS 17 release beneficial for your iPhone?
Apple is ending software support for some older iPhone devices with the introduction of iOS 17.
List of iPhones that will support iOS 17:
- iPhone 15 series
- The 14-Series iPhone
- The 13-Series iPhone
- 12 Series iPhone
- 11-Series iPhone
- XS iPhone
- XS Max iPhone
- XR iPhone
- 2020 iPhone SE
- 2022 iPhone SE
These iPhones will be distributed:
- Smartphone 8
- Apple iPhone 8 Plus
- “iPhone X”
How can you backup your device before updating to iOS 17?
Even though the chances of data loss are extremely slim, Apple advises backing up your iPhone before downloading the latest operating system. Whenever your iPhone is powered up and connected to Wi-Fi, it often does automatic backups. If this function is deactivated, you can enable it by doing the following:
- On your iPhone, go to Settings.
- Tap the call button.
- Choose iCloud.
- Decide on iCloud Backup.
- Press the ‘Back Up Now’ button to make a copy of your tool.
- How can you upgrade to iOS 17 on your iPhone?
Use these procedures to update your device to iOS 17:
- Launch the iPhone’s Settings app.
- Click on General.
- Choose Software Update.
- Select ‘Download and Install.’
- Tap “Install” to update immediately.
- You may also choose “Later” and then “Install Tonight” or “Remind Me Later.”
- – If you choose “Install Tonight,” make sure to plug your device in at night so that it can recharge by morning.
- Type in your passcode if prompted.
When you choose “Download and Install,” a loading bar with an estimated download time will appear. Restart your device after the download is finished, and iOS 17 will install automatically.