Introduction to Aadhaar Card
Aadhaar card is a 12-digit unique identification number issued by the Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI) to all Indian residents. It is a mandatory document for many government and private services, such as opening a bank account, applying for a passport, and getting a SIM card.
Why it is Important
Aadhaar card is important because it is a proof of identity and address. It is also used to link various government and private services, such as the Public Distribution System (PDS), Direct Benefit Transfer (DBT), and bank accounts.
What Documents Required
To update your Aadhaar card online, you will need to have a registered mobile number linked to your Aadhaar card and a supporting document for the update. The document must be in PDF format and less than 1 MB in size.
The following documents are accepted as proof for Aadhaar card update:
- Proof of Address: Passport, Voter ID card, Driving License, Bank Passbook, Post Office Passbook, Utility Bill (not older than 3 months)
- Proof of Identity: Passport, Voter ID card, Driving License, PAN Card
- Proof of Date of Birth: Birth Certificate, School Leaving Certificate, Passport, PAN Card
- Proof of Relationship (for updating minor’s Aadhaar card): Birth Certificate, School Leaving Certificate, Ration Card, Passport
Step by Step Guide to Update Aadhaar Card
- Go to the UIDAI website: https://myaadhaar.uidai.gov.in
- Click on the Login button and enter your Aadhaar number and registered mobile number.
- You will receive a One-Time Password (OTP) on your mobile number. Enter the OTP to login.
- Once you are logged in, click on the Update Aadhaar option.
- Select the data that you want to update and enter the required details.
- Upload a supporting document for the update. The document must be in PDF format and less than 1 MB in size.
- Review the details and click on the Submit button.
- You will receive a confirmation message on your mobile number.
- You can track the status of your update request by clicking on the Check Aadhaar Status option on the website.
Updating your Aadhaar card is a simple process that can be done online from the comfort of your home. Just make sure to have a registered mobile number linked to your Aadhaar card and a supporting document for the update.
Here are some additional tips for updating your Aadhaar card:
- Make sure that the supporting document you upload is clear and legible.
- Review the details carefully before submitting the update request.
- Keep track of your update request number so that you can check the status of your request later.
- If you are unable to update your Aadhaar card online, you can visit a Permanent Enrolment Center (PEC) and have it updated in person.